We are a family firm that stimulates ideas and dialogue for Family Businesses
At Family Business Place we create opportunities for family businesses to share stories, publicise achievements, engage with professional advisors and create a network of contacts with similar needs, issues, frustrations and experiences. We embrace all types of family businesses, from Morgan Cars and Warburtons to JCB and Specsavers. You can be a husband and wife start up or a multigeneration success.
Succession is a critical issue for family businesses
Is it ready to be handed on? Does it need to evolve to reflect changing markets? Does it match the aspirations of the next generation?
Whatever business is being passed on, it needs to feel comfortable with the way it looks, confident in the way it acts, and happy that its heritage and personality shine through at every customer touchpoint, from brochure to web, exhibition to advertising.
Values are shorthand for everything your family business stands for
These come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from trust, loyalty and honesty, to integrity, stability and good old fashioned hard work. Our skill lies in understanding family values and inherent characteristics and turning them into competitive advantage.
We understand the strengths of family businesses:
- Blood ties
- Unsociable hours to get the job done, often for free
- In tough economic times, they plan and maintain the long-term view
- Cautious in their approach to business and change
- Decisions are made with family wellbeing
constantly in mind
- Often at the heart of the local community and
a force for good.
Many family businesses have lost sight of their origin and values due to:
- Ebb and flow of time
- Tougher trading conditions
- New technologies, systems and processes
- Changing customer and market needs
- Shifting consumer attitudes
- New management who are not family members.
At Family Business Place, we can help family businesses distil and prioritise what’s important; provide insights and inspiration; and reflect and communicate our findings internally and externally, with clarity and conviction.
Our services include:
- Consultancy: Succession Planning, Governance, Non Family Execs, Family Conflict, Mentoring, Philanthropy
- Strategy: Marketing, Sales, Branding, Internal Communications, PR, Social Media, Web
- Event management: Family Ties Annual Conference, Red Ribbon Awards, Seminars, Business Celebrations
- Publishing: Generation Magazine, www.familybusinessplace.com, Newsletters and Magazines. Books: Family Constitution, Autobiography, Family History, Business Anniversary.
Talk to us about how we can help you create success for the next generation and contact:
Anita Brightley-Hodges, Managing Director
T: 01732 220120 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.familybusinessplace.com